We are your international laboratory, with Iberogen there are no barriers to R&D.
Genetics and other biotechnological techniques as tools for a better resolution of your problems.
WHO WE ARE
Iberogen, is a biotechnology company that offers innovative solutions to the veterinary, agro-alimentary and livestock industry, putting at the service of our clients the most modern techniques in molecular genetics. In addition, our company has specialized in offering scientific and technical consultancy services in the field of applied genetics destined to research and development projects. From the beginning we have participated in national and international projects for the management of the biodiversity of the flora and fauna destined to the conservation.
Our main objective is to meet the needs of our clients in a personalized way. We offer the most innovative solutions to your problems and we guide you in decision making in order to add value to your products and/or services and as a differentiating element in the current global market.
In Iberogen we mark a high standards of commitment to work and professionalism. For this reason, we have proposed ambitious objectives that are reflected in our mission, vision and values.
Our mission is to offer a service of advanced genetic analysis and in constant updating. To provide innovative solutions to various problems in the agri-food and veterinary sectors, which are not approachable by other techniques or whose resolution is slower and more expensive. We offer a specialized service and adapted to the needs of our clients.
Our vision is to become a reference and prestige laboratory at the international level, keeping the company as a leader in its objective sectors. May our experience be our guarantee.
Our values are the effort, the commitment to the professional work, the seriousness and robustness in the results, as well as the innovation and continuous improvement. We are convinced that if our work is based on these pillars, we will ensure the present and future of the company.
MARKET AND CUSTOMERS
The biotechnology sector is a highly diversified industry with a lot of technologies, products and services in the most varied economic fields. The business application of molecular genetics techniques is relatively recent. The main applications are in the field of human health and food.
The size of the world biotechnology market was valued at more than 350 billion Euros in 2017, although sustained market growth is expected, largely due to the increase in the world’s population and to the supply needs that this increase brings Rigged. In addition, factors such as lack of water, low yields of crops, lack of pollinators, insect attacks and limited land accessibility are inciting scientists to participate in a broad R & D program, with the DNA amplification, DNA sequencing, recombinant technology, fermentation, and tissue engineering drive the industry to increase the size of the product.
It is a young and expanding market, with very diversified clients, both nationally and internationally.
Iberogen’s target market is diverse and international and covers a wide spectrum of sectors and services, although its customers could be grouped into the following sections:
- Food and Plant Health Sector: Companies producing raw materials in the agro-alimentary sector that need to carry out quality control and/or the health of their products, manufacturers of processed products that need to carry out control of their raw materials as part of the Management measures of its value chain and auditing or certifying companies that provide quality control or sanitary services to other companies.
- Agricultural and veterinary Sector: Agricultural or livestock farms that need to make detection and control of pathogens, consultants who carry out sanitary controls in farms and cattle ranches, Bee Holdings, pollinator producers, hunting reserves or nuclei Zoos, all sectors where artificial selection and genetic improvement of specimens, pet breeders, horses, hens, falconry or other animals and veterinary clinics are performed.
- Research Support Sector: Research centers, university research groups, wildlife recovery centers, protected space managers, Nature Protection Service (SOIVRE) and other trade control entities of species such as. This group includes all companies that wish to undertake tailor-made projects or scientific-technical support in research and development in any field related to biology and biotechnology.
Currently, Iberogen has three main lines of work:
- Bird Genetics
- Analysis of pollinators
- R & D, scientific-technical advice and research projects.
We guarantee the highest quality and accuracy of our professional laboratory at an affordable price.
Iberogen was born in 2012 from innovative ideas and the desire to transfer knowledge and technology to society, from a team of researchers and professionals in biology and environmental sciences. During that year, our business idea was awarded on several occasions, obtaining the following awards:
- “Best Business Project” awarded by Fundesem and Obra Social CAM.
- “Entrepreneur of the Month” of the Department of Enterprise and Employment of the Ayto. of Elche.
- “Best Entrepreneurial Company” in the category R&D in the Emprendejove of the Generalitat Valenciana.
- Winning company of the “2nd edition of the marathon of creation of companies” organized by the Nau of the Innovaciò of the university Miguel Hernández.
In addition, in 2012 the company became part of the companies of the center of Biotechnology Business Innovation (CIEB) of the university Miguel Hernández, allowing to carry the idea of business of the theory to the practice.
With this initial impulse, starting from 2013, Iberogen begins a path of uninterrupted growth, both in terms of billing, as well as national and international clients and number of workers. Our human team is formed by a group of solvent professionals, highly qualified and committed to their work. Our staff accumulates valuable experience acquired during years of research in biology or biotechnology and during the years of work within Iberogen. This high degree of qualification and commitment is the guarantee of quality when providing our services and when undertaking new developments and lines of work, as we know how to approach highly complex scientific topics and we know how to materialize them in the form of services for our clients. In addition, during this process, we have not abandoned our initial research spirit, participating in multiple research projects in various areas, such as the ecology of populations, the conservation of species or food security.
88/5000 Iberogen is part of the network of companies associated with the Miguel Hernández University. We have modern facilities equipped with the highest technology in molecular genetics, located in the Quorum III building of the Scientific and Business Park of the UMH, which allow the realization of the tests in conditions of adequate environmental and occupational safety. 298/5000 The Quorum III building of the science park has around 3000 square meters dedicated to companies in the biotechnology sector and consists of two laboratories commonly used, one equipped with modern instruments for molecular genetic activities and another for work in microbiology. In addition, it has a culture room, a biobank and several -80ºC freezers with a lifeline that guarantees the correct conservation of the samples. Within this business complex, Iberogen has a laboratory for exclusive use, which is equipped with its own material such as extractor hoods and laminar flow, different thermal cyclers, a state-of-the-art capillary electrophoresis equipment and everything necessary to carry out our usual work. undertake new and innovative developments.
THE WORK TEAM
Our human team is formed by a group of solvent professionals, highly qualified and committed to their work. Our staff accumulates valuable experience acquired during years of research in biology or biotechnology and during the years of work within Iberogen. This high degree of qualification and commitment is the guarantee of quality when providing our services and when undertaking new developments and lines of work, as we know how to approach highly complex scientific topics and we know how to materialize them in the form of services for our clients.